Pages

Wednesday 19 June 2019

wig!!

Hey Bloggers,
Today I am going to be blogging about Wig Wednsday. What is wig Wedesnday are you saying? Well I will tell you when put it in. So I have somthing to ask you did you do Wig Wenseday? Tell me in the comments so I know and if you put it in your blog I can comment. So I am going to share some info about it so you know what it is. I will also put in the link to the site so you can have a look your self.
We had to bring a gold coin to give to the teachers so they can fundraise for the people who have cancer.
They fandrasied 136 dollars and 20 cents.


Here it is.

Wig Wednesday is an annual event that helps raise awareness and support for Child Cancer Foundation and raise funds to support Kiwi kids with cancer. Based on the successful fundraising campaign run by CLIC Sargent (UK’s leading cancer charity for children, young people, and their families), Wig Wednesday encourages schools, businesses, community groups, and individuals to wear a wig for one day and fundraise.
In 2018 over 400 hundred New Zealand schools, businesses, and community groups helped raise over $100,000 for Kiwi kids with cancer and their families. Money raised goes towards helping Kiwi kids like Nixon.
Here is nixon story.

Laughter, fun and a fair bit of noise – that approach to everyday life has been essential after Nixon’s diagnosis with ALL in 2013. It was the start of a long journey which has had many ups and downs and split the family across the upper North Island, with Justine and Nick at the hospital in Auckland with Nixon, while Nathanael and Hunter remained in the Waikato to continue school and their familiar lives.
Weekend visits from his brothers was a highlight for Nixon over that time, although Justine says that he coped well with treatment and the time in hospital: “It was like he had decided that this is what’s happening and he’s beating it no matter what. In some ways, I think that this journey has made him the way he is. Outgoing, full of life, very determined but also full of love and of course – just wanting to be a typical boy.”
Justine says the support they received from Child Cancer Foundation has been amazing, both while in hospital and at home in Ngaruwahia.
“We have made bonds with our Waikato branch that will last a lifetime. Knowing there is always someone to talk to, ask for help and especially the events that are organised that put you in contact with other families as well. The support is family-wide, especially with siblings.”
Every week more than three children in New Zealand are diagnosed with cancer. A child having cancer is probably one of the toughest things a family will ever go through. But Child Cancer Foundation is here to maintain hope and provide strength. We help with the big things like emotional, social and practical support. But also the little things they have probably never even thought about.

I put is in diffrent font because I did not write it so that is why I did it.
I am going to put in some of the photos the teachers took so you can see how FUNCKY we looked and the a photo of me so you can see me.

Here are the class ones!!!
























Here they are just for saying that I have a pink wig on just saying you know and you will see soon because I am going to show you what I am wearing.

Here it is!!



This is me.

Here is a drawing of a person wearing a wig.



Hope you like it.

Hope you like this blog post comment and like!!

 BYE!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Mykiala its Mikayla from South Hornby School can you remember me. By the way I like how you have wig day I think thats really cool. You look great in your pink wig. I also think you could tell us why you have wig day what is your favourite colour wig? bye

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.